Monday, October 14, 2013

Money Mondays!

Well I can't say my goal for meal planning and budgeting has been a huge success. I've made a meal plan...have we stuck to it? Well, not completely. One of the problems I've been facing is that we are so incredibly busy right now that I just don't have time to actually make a meal but I don't think about that until the day of. So even though I have something on the menu, if I don't make it in the morning, I end up being out or just swarmed by grumpy kids at 5 p.m. and not have time to make it. Plus another issue that has been coming up is my picky tastes! There is a really good reason for this - I am pregnant! So while that is a whole other thing (see exhaustion, nausea, exhaustion...) it also means that I am having extreme food aversions. So Monday rolled around and I had Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup on the menu and seriously, even just opening the container of soup made me want to throw up...so there went that and I had to quickly substitute a meal. Thankfully I had just gone to a soup exchange so I had a bunch of soup in my freezer! My cravings have also affected our budget. A couple nights ago, I absolutely had to have ruffle chips with ranch dip and chocolate milk. And my amazing husband went out and bought that for me...but there was $10 out of our grocery budget. Oops! So for this month, I have spent $200 on groceries. Not great, not bad. We have $100 left for the next two weeks, however we have tons of meat so I only need to buy fruits and veggies and milk. I know I can do it. 
So my meal plan for this week will be using food that we already have! 

Sunday:
Thanksgiving Dinner 


Monday:
B: Bacon & Eggs
L: Sandwiches
D: Pasta stirfry with Italian Sausage


Tuesday: 
B: Oatmeal
L: Leftovers
D: Hamburgers w/ Sweet Potato Fries


Wednesday:
B: Cereal
L: kids are at the dayhome
D: Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce


Thursday:
B: Toast & Eggs
L: McDonald's with my mom
D: leftovers - hubby works late


Friday:
B: Oatmeal
L: Meat, cheese and veggies
D: Sandwiches - hubby is on his own with the kids


Saturday:
Hubby is on his own all day and enjoys the chance to be spontaneous with the meals! However I have some soup frozen in the freezer if he decides he doesn't want to experiment 




No comments:

Post a Comment